Our client is an exciting publicly traded technology company in the Greenbelt area of MD. This new role has high visibility internally and reports directly to the Corporate Controller. The primary responsibilities of this position will include managing the day to day accounting operations, general ledger and assist with month-end closing.
- Perform and/or assist with monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and closing activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts.
- Prepare, reviewing, and analyzing flux balance sheet and P&L analysis, general ledger activity, contracts, and other analysis as required.
- Assist with annual audits, creating financial reports/support as necessary, including external reporting requirements and compliance with SOX requirements.
- Prepare journal entries as appropriate to ensure general ledger is in conformance with GAAP.
- Manage the Payroll process including posting of transactions, data validation between payroll provider and current employee listing.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting or equivalent and CPA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting operations experience and/or public accounting
- Previous monthly, quarterly, annual and external accounting and reporting responsibilities
- Understanding of lease, revenue accounting, and allocations
- Experience with creating policies to ensure compliance with SEC requirements and maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Experience with identifying and implementing scalable process improvements/process efficiencies
- Attention to detail and adherence to reporting deadlines