Our client is a fast growing private equity backed Government Contractor technology firm based in Mclean, VA. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic accounting team. The client is looking for an experienced Accounting Professional with 3-5 years related government contracting industry experience.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices for government contractors.
- Make recommendations to improve processes, create efficiencies and standardize business practices. Document and implement approved recommendations, striving for increased efficiency and cost reduction.
- Record cash receipts daily.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching data and interpreting it accurately
- Balance multiple tasks and maintain close attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality with financial and other sensitive company information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Minimum 3+ years directly related accounting experience, preferably in a government contracting environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting practices including US GAAP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government contract accounting experience with an understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and FAR/DFAR.
- Strong problem-solving and organization skills coupled with strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires the ability to maintain an excellent level of customer service.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint or GCS Premier a plus