Cordia Resources is partnering with a law firm client on a Human Resources Manager/Office Administrator role in Washington, DC.
This will be a dual role focusing on: (1) responsibility for the smooth functioning of the firm’s Washington, D.C. office and (2) management of the firm’s human resources function firm-wide. This is a senior-level position that will work closely with firm leadership to foster a collegial, productive work environment for all.
Oversee and be accountable for the administration of the firm’s human resources function relating to all constituencies (partners, other attorneys and staff) firm-wide, and the systems and personnel that support it. Pro-actively assist management and partners who have primary responsibility for the hiring, professional development, compensation and performance management of attorneys, and partner with management and operational peers to foster a culture and work environment in which everyone is motivated to do their best.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Manage the firm’s human resources function through the adoption and maintenance of appropriate business processes and systems.
- The human resources function encompasses:
- Personnel records and information
- Benefits management
- Administering all benefits programs
- Staff recruitment
- Staff performance
- Developing learning solutions, using external vendors as needed for staff training
- Managing all compliance training
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording training activities and program effectiveness firm-wide.
- Employment policies
- Provide administrative support to firm management and partners
- Explore practices, systems and methods (including third-party applications) that can be adapted and/or adopted in order to drive greater operational efficiency and effectiveness and instill a culture of continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, SHRM certification preferred
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility within the area of Human Resources.
- 3+ years of management/supervisory experience, preferably within a professional services firm.
- Outstanding organization and project management skills and a track record of producing work of a high quality with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to be fair, even-handed and navigate interpersonal conflict.
- Ability to collaborate and establish rapport with colleagues to work as a team while respecting cultural, social and academic diversity.
- Working proficiency in HR systems/software, MS Office and analytical tools.
Job ID: 13306031