CORDIA is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by ex-CFOs, Recruiting Veterans and Accounting Firm Partners.
Private Equity – Tax Manager
Our Baltimore-based client - a large, entrepreneurial, highly profitable financial services/investment management firm - is currently seeking an energetic Private Equity – Tax Manager to oversee tax compliance and reporting.
Duties/ Primary Responsibilities of Position:
- Serve as a primary point of contact with external tax service providers.
- Coordinate the delivery of 8,000 K-1s across 150 private equity feeder funds.
- Assist and collaborate as needed with team members from Brown Advisory’s other alternative investment products (Venture Capital, Hedge Funds, Direct Investments, etc.).
- Liase with the Fund Administration team as well as the third-party fund administrator with respect to accounting packages, partner allocations, underlying fund K-1s, investor information and more as needed for the PE funds’ tax preparation.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for K-1 tracking, foreign investor reporting info, stock distributions, partner transfers, state filing information, etc.
- Coordinate the filing of the feeder fund tax returns, ensuring all returns filed timely.
- Coordinate any required tax-related payments with tax service providers and accounts payable team.
- Prepare and file personal property income tax returns and other ad-hoc regulatory filings as required for the feeder funds.
- Track and timely address federal and state tax notices received for the feeder funds.
- Work with the client service teams to ensure maintenance of investor information needed for tax reporting and to coordinate timing and delivery of Schedule K-1s.
- Conduct tax research and draft memorandum on a variety of tax issues as required.
- Must have BS-Accounting or equivalent and CPA certification
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in public accounting, corporate tax, or at a private equity firm.
- Position requires extensive Partnership Tax Compliance
- Prior experience with Private Equity funds preferred but not required
- Must have excellent tax research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and stay organized