Our client is a Commercial/Professional Services
company focused on helping consumers and businesses, in the Raleigh, North Carolina, area.
This firm is seeking a direct-hire Accounting Manager
to lead the accounting and finance of this regional division. The Accounting Manager will manage staff, be in charge of the month end closings, implement procedures and internal controls, be hands-on, and liaise with the Corporate Controller. The company and this position offer an exciting, fast paced environment, great visibility, and the opportunity to grow with an exciting company.
This individual will supervise the Accounts Payable Specialist and the Accounts Receivable Specialist in the conduct of their daily work. On the AP side, this includes ensuring that monthly deadlines are met, AP invoices are coded correctly and vendor payments are timely and accurate. On the AR side, this individual needs to ensure the timely and accurate review of all service tickets, customer payments and associated technician commission calculations.
Other specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing closing Journal Entries used in preparing the monthly Financial Statements.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting, including the monthly recording of additions, dispositions, and depreciation expense.
- Responsible for the tracking and control of the company's physical inventory.
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal control procedures.
- Reconciliation of the Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining the Prepaid Activity Schedule including Insurance, Taxes, Software Maintenance, etc.
- Liaising with the Chief Operating Officer and Corporate Controller based in Alexandria, VA
- Meeting with the Company’s Service and Operational Managers and facilitating the review and understanding of their department’s financial statements
- Preparation of schedules required by the outside accountants in conjunction with the year-end compilation of the company's financial statements.
- Tracking of the Company’s deferred revenue, including the proper monthly revenue recognition entries
- Performance of ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required