Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist with recent Costpoint 7.1 experience which is required. This is a 3 month long contract. Compensation in the range of $25- $30 per hour depending on experience.
Accounts Payable Specialist to join a fast growth organization in Alexandria, VA.. As an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist, you will be responsible for many aspects of the accounts payable cycle ranging from invoice entry, vendor maintenance, recording bank transactions, and supporting vendor inquiries.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Manage the AP mailbox
- Perform invoice data entry into the AP system
- Set up new vendors and manage vendor changes
- Responsible for weekly selection and payment of invoices for both foreign and domestic entities
- Ensure all internal/external vendor and invoice inquiries are handled timely
- Assist the accounting team in completing the month-end close
- Act as a liaison between vendors and internal departments to facilitate timely payments and ensure an accurate AP aging
Accounts Payable Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelors/Associates Degree preferred
- 2+ years of accounts payable (AP) experience
- A basic understanding of accounting and general ledger coding.
- Knowledge of payment processes, including wires, ACH, direct debit, and check payments preferred.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written