Our client is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant. The ideal candidate would be responsible for review and approving contract information launched in NetSuite as well as the preparation of order review packages reporting related to revenue recognition. Assist with the research of key accounting issues, including those related to changes in the accounting guidance. Draft technical accounting memos related to key policy elections and review of major customer contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following.
- Prepare the customer sales order package for review and approval by the Revenue Manager.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliation and SOX controls related to the revenue recognition process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly internal and board reporting related to revenue recognition and its related components.
- Assist in establishing Standalone Selling Price (SSP) of fair value annually related to certain contract elements within customer contracts.
- Research technical accounting issues as they arise and prepare memos outlining the accounting policy established by the company for use in the revenue recognition process.
- Work with departments outside of Finance to ensure a thorough understanding of the product is obtained for the purpose of establishing an accounting policy related to the software sold.
- Assist with the day-to-day internal and external auditor requests and manage the PBC listing related to the revenue recognition process
- Participates in special projects, as required.
- Prepare other internal reporting and analytics on an as needed basis.
- Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned.