Our client in Columbia, MD, a $20M Government Contracting is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the rapidly growing company. The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting a range of accounting processes include accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, general ledger, bank reconciliations, payroll, and month/year-end closing.
- Prepare daily and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accrued liabilities and capital asset amortization
- Prepare customer billing and monitor accounts receivable status
- Prepare reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts, as needed
- Play a key role in the month-end and year-end closing process
- Prepare payroll
- Assist with annual financial statement and DCAA audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP, subsidiary ledgers and financial statements, and government contract compliance regulations found in the FAR, CAS, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- PROCAS Accounting System experience is highly preferred