Cordia Resources has an immediate need for a GL Staff Accountant to join a fast growth software company in Tyson's Corner. Our client is going through significant growth and looking to add to their team on a consulting basis. This position can become permanent if all goes well.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting a range of accounting processes include accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, general ledger, bank reconciliations, payroll, and monthly/year end closing.
- Review of daily bank deposits and entry into Accounts Receivable system
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- Enter and process vendor invoices; monitor aged accounts payables
- Support month end close processing and prepare various general ledger account reconciliation.
- Create monthly invoices and supporting documents in timely fashion.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable aging on a regular basis.
- Setup employees and maintain timecards and expense reports
- Assist with various audits including annual financial statements audit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Minimum 1+ years of related experience
- High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and strong time management skills