Our client is a well-known and highly respected Professional Service firm
with a global operation. With a headquartered in Arlington, VA, and a $400+M in operating budget, our client focuses on providing world-class finance, accounting and strategic outsourced solutions to CFO’s and other senior-level financial decision makers. They are seeking a direct-hire Accounting Manager
with CPA and 5+ years of experience to supervises the day-to-day operations of the general accounting functions. This role offers excellent benefits, balanced work environment, and compensation around $115-120k + 10% bonus
, depending on experience.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of the section, ensuring duties of accountants directly reporting to the position are clearly defined and carried out.
- Supervises the general accounting activities including financial reporting and analyses. Evaluates and monitors accounting controls and procedures.
- Prepares complex journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manages annual and interim audit as well as internal controls assessment process.
- Ensures accuracy and timely preparation of financial statements. Reviews journal entries and account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Reviews work of staff for accuracy and quality.
- Trains, guides, and assists staff in developing and maintaining their knowledge and skills.
- Performs special research/custom reports as requested by other business units, subsidiaries and external auditors.
- Coordinates and maintains filing and storage of accounting records.
- Conducts performance evaluations, makes recommendations concerning employment, reclassifications, promotions, terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Provides technical accounting support to management including analysis of accounting implications of business transactions.
- Develops and maintains collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders for process consolidations, process improvements, and system developments/implementations.
- Participates in special projects and assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or related business area
- CPA certification is required
- At least 5 year of corporate and public accounting experience, with supervisory/team management duties
- Excellent knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and overall accounting cycle
- Knowledge of structure, function, and operation of automated general ledger system
- Excellent management skills, including the ability to supervise, train, guide and advise others in their duties
- SAP software experience preferred