Cordia Partners is currently seeking a Senior Accountant
to join their team to provide accounting support to their government contracts clients.
Senior Accountant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
- Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts, as needed.
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Obtains a working knowledge of the client’s accounting software packages. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures established by the client.
- Assists external auditors and tax accountants at year-end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Assists in the preparation of the client’s year-end 1099 submissions.
- Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
- Interacts with a client as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Reviews and supervises staff accountant’s monthly work, including but not limited to, journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Coaches and mentors Staff Accountants through project management
- Disburses client requests to team members to manage deadlines
Senior Accoutnant Optional Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- Strong Costpoint, GCS or Unanet experience required
- Utmost discretion, strong ethics
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements
- Understanding of government contract compliance regulations found in the FAR, CAS, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and client requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
About Cordia Partners:
- CPA license preferred
- Project Accounting experience
- Experience with Positive Pay
- Experience with Concur or similar system
- Supervisory experience
Cordia Partners provides a tailored approach to serving our clients with bottom-line results. This position is critical in supporting our diverse client base with all facets of operational accounting (GL, AP, AR, payroll and reconciliations), to include assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial package (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, etc.). On an annual basis, responsibilities include Incurred Cost Submission preparation, 1099 preparation, and assisting with year-end financial statements. Given the nature of our company, this position will also be actively engaged in the ongoing transition of platforms and products needed to support the growth of our clients.