Our client is a multi-billion-dollar Government Contractor
with operations around the world and headquartered in Reston, VA
. The company continues to do very well and expand, even during these uncertain economic times, due to their exceptional internal teams and contract base.
They are seeking a direct-hire Accounting Manager
with strong government contracting and Costpoint experience and a proven record of managing teams. This individual will report to Senior Manager, Accounting and be responsible for managing the General Ledger accounting team. The candidate will be responsible for the month end close process, oversee complex transactions and quarterly reporting, business process improvement, policy and internal control compliance. Compensation around $110-125k + bonus
, depending on experience.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate, complete and timely financial results
- Contribute to and lead implementation of fixed asset system
- Setup and maintain cost pool structures and rates, multi-jobs, and projects
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all current period accounting activity is captured by the general ledger team
- Contribute to quarterly processes by performing analytical reviews of specific accounts
- Review complex account reconciliations, ensuring resolution of variances and consistency of accounting treatment
- Manage processes and technical accounting related to ASC 842, providing training as needed
- Respond to group finance questions regarding Costpoint, particularly as it relates to revenue calculations
- Improve current accounting processes by collaborating with the financial system teams and other accounting groups
- Participate in financial system requirement documentation, testing and implementation of operational accounting functions.
- Assist the internal and external audit teams with documentation, requests and testing for compliance and audit purposes
- Develop and maintain accounting policy and procedures for key close transactions, ensuring an effective internal control environment
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Manage and develop staff on the General Ledger team including providing training, support and feedback as needed
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- BS degree in Finance/Accounting, CPA preferred
- 6+ years of applicable experience with at least 3 years specifically in government contracting industry (public accounting preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with management and development of team members
- Costpoint experience required, CoStar experience preferred, and advanced Excel abilities
- Experience automating processes, preferred