Our client is a healthcare non-profit located in downtown Washington, DC and they are seeking to bring on a resource for a 3-month long contract. Compensation is in the range of $45-$47 per hour based on experience.
The Director of Quality Measurement is responsible for managing and executing the implementation of projects across measure endorsement, measure alignment, public and private partnerships, and/or emerging quality measurement areas. The Director will manage the day-to-day operations of those projects including managing project teams, ensuring projects are on time and within budget in consultation with the Managing Director, and monitoring project direction and milestones.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises multiple project managers and other project staff.
- Manages project teams and provides content expertise (e.g. methodological, clinical and implementation) to help advance projects.
- Empowers staff to generate ideas, proactively solve problems, and ensure ownership and accountability.
- Actively guides staff and encourages participation in organization-wide efforts and activities.
- Oversees project budgets including collaborating with the Managing Director, Finance department to develop initial budgets, monitor utilization, and work with team leads to keep project within budget.
- Assists in leading project planning and development, tying project goals to the client’s strategic objectives and ensuring milestones are met.
- Ensures good relationships with funders and addresses issues in a timely manner, in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Briefs senior leadership on status of projects, emerging trends, and opportunities for future development.
- Proactively identifies, communicates and escalates risks to leadership and proposes solutions.
- Advanced degree in a clinical discipline, public health or healthcare management.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing people, budgets, and projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading, managing, coaching and mentoring individuals and/or teams and holding staff accountable for results.
- The incumbent should have experience in healthcare quality, including measurement, alignment, and improvement.
- Demonstrated success at leading multiple large projects and managing competing priorities to achieve optimal results.
- Demonstrated experience working with budgets and forecasts for projects and managing utilization targets.
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership presenting and writing on behalf of an organization.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare performance measurement, policy or public health.
- Experience working in the healthcare delivery system is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with internal staff and external stakeholders is essential.
- Demonstrated strategic planning ability.
- Demonstrated strategic cultivation of external relationships through regular participation in panels, committees and networks.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation and persuasion skills for external audiences evidenced through annual speaking engagements, showing area of expertise and thought leadership.