Senior Payroll Specialist to join the Corporate Payroll team. The Corporate Payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, expatriates, and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process multi-state payroll information for10,000+ employees.
- Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, develop recommendations, document processes, and implement approved changes in the processing of payroll.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance to federal, state, and/or, local tax policies.
- Serve as point of escalation to assist employees, and other internal stakeholders with questions, concerns, comments in a timely manner.
- Serve as subject matter experts on multiple payroll topics.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests including sensitive matters such as termination cases.
- Review manual check log and ensure pertinent issues are resolved.
- Assist with wage audits (e.g. DCAA, Internal Audit, Benefits, agency, federal, state, etc.).
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Oversee and review overpayment payroll matters.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (as needed) in order to assure payroll processing is completed by deadlines.
- High school diploma/GED with minimum 6 years of payroll processing experience is required.
- Previous payroll experience should include processing multi-state payroll for 10,000 employees or more.
- Must have experience with payroll systems such as ADP, Ultipro, etc. Preference will be given to those with Ultipro experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 10 – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work and manage payroll tasks independently and with high judgement using payroll background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Ability to process accounting functions and formulas in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Experience with unions payroll, garnishments, and/or expat (international employee) payroll processing.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with ADP and Ultipro is a plus.
- Ability to understand internal payroll controls.