Our client is a rapid growth, award winning $15M Government Contractor
in Washington DC
(metro accessible). The company is in the process of bringing the Accounting/Finance operations in house, building out strong policies and procedures, and adding efficiencies as they continue to expand operationally. The organization has won multiple designations from nationally known publications for their growth trajectory.
They are seeking a Controller
to build out and lead the accounting operations, with compensation around $120-140k.
The ideal candidate is excited by dynamic operations, previous experience with Deltek Costpoint, Payroll experience (using ADP), and management experience (will oversee one person). This role will report directly to the President/CEO.
- Costpoint System Maintenance, AR/Billing, Month End/Year End Closing, Project Set-up and Administration, Balance Sheet Reconciliation, and Revenue Recognition.
- Ultimate responsibility for Deltek Costpoint system functionality, adequacy and accuracy
- DCAA accounting compliance and ensuring corporate accounting meets GAAP
- Managing accounting functions and will supervise the accounting department.
- Work with the team as well as other corporate management to successfully execute critical financial tasks, such as AR, AP, payroll, monthly reporting, and project reporting. Development of accurate financial statements and banking evolutions.
- Ensuring cost accounting standards (CAS), cost allowability, and indirect rates are properly serviced
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within Gov Con industry
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree preferred or CPA
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint accounting system
- Excellent understanding of Federal contracting accounting rules and regulations (specifically Department of Defense (DoD) contracts, service contracts).
- Working knowledge of DCAA accounting rules and requirements, GAAP for government contracting, cost accounting standards (CAS), cost allowability, and indirect rates
- Working experience in all major elements of accounting, including: bank and balance sheet reconciliation, Costpoint accounting maintenance, Accounts Receivable and Billing, Revenue Recognition, Accounts Payable, and Costpoint project set-up.
- Ability to manage and supervise accounting department staff