Our client, a growing Government Contractor in Silver Spring, MD,
is looking for a motivated and energetic Human Resources Generalist with USAID experience
who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. This full time/direct hire
position reports directly to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Operations and will be an integral part of the organization. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, training and development, records management, compliance, performance management, and employee relations and retention.
Human Resources Generalist Responsibilities:
Human Resources Generalist Requirements:
- Manage and lead new hire and benefits orientation of HO employees and ensure completion of all HR related onboarding tasks such as preparation of paperwork, schedule, creation of Costpoint and iSolve profiles for employees and consultants, and making necessary updates etc. Coordinate with managers to deliver an exceptional first-day experience. Responsible for E-Verify, I-9 and Visual Compliance processing. Work closely with the office administrator in ensuring that new hires get the required work tools.
- Perform benefits administration, review and reconcile CareFirst invoice and process monthly payments through BenefitMall.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form. Develop effective procedures for record-keeping to reinforce safeguards against unauthorized or accidental disclosure of confidential records. Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements (e.g. EEO data etc.). Ensure that the contact information and emergency details for all employees are up to date. Work with AMTs in ensuring the staff list is up to date.
- Maintain HR records and compile reports using available tools (Costpoint, iSolve, Visual Compliance, E-Verify, John Hancock etc.). Collect and process personnel requests in a timely manner.
- Respond in a timely manner to all employee requests on Costpoint; help resolve and troubleshoot issues (such as password resets, accrual updates, creation of codes, etc.) by working closely with Deltek support.
- Handle all administrative tasks related to offboarding employees such as insurance cancellations, Costpoint deactivation, exit interviews, departure checklists, leave payouts, including entering data into iSolve system and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Support the performance management process. Assist managers and staff in understanding and adhering to performance planning, monitoring and reviews. Orient new managers to our Performance Management processes, provide them with tools and ongoing support and track anniversary dates. Ensure staff are aware of resources and tools. Work closely with the director talent management and operations on technical issues and improvements.
- Manage the training assistance program by handling requests and tracking annual reimbursements.
- Maintain necessary HR checklists, password lists and lead the tracking of the International Business Travel Insurance (IBTM) and consultant agreement expiration dates.
- Proactively communicate with payroll to make updates as necessary. Research questions from employees and facilitate actions to resolve issues.
- Work closely with the director of talent management and operations for filing government compliance reports such as EEO-1 etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or any other related field
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in human resources, implementing or supporting policies, practices and procedures.
- HRMS system savvy and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel and is customer service oriented.
- Industry and or Deltek Costpoint experience is nice to have but not required
- Experience using Cost Point and iSolve is a plus.
- Knowledge of US labor laws.
- Experience with international HR and USAID preferred.
- Ability to work independently and accept responsibility.