Accounts Receivable Specialist
Growing, privately held commercial/retail property management firm is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team. The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the timely, consistent and accurate tracking of all tenant billing and payment activity. Key responsibilities include posting monthly rent charges, processing daily cash receipts, monitoring tenant account details, and reconciling the tenant sub-ledgers to the general ledger.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Post monthly recurring rent charges.
- Prepare daily cash/ACH deposit batches and post to individual tenant accounts.
- Research tenant billing and/or payment discrepancies.
- Field tenant calls related to billing questions.
- Calculate and invoice late fees.
- Post miscellaneous tenant billings for utilities and other tenant bill-back items.
- Collect outstanding tenant balances via statements, emails and collection calls.
- Process tenant A/R adjustments and write-offs.
- Process tenant security deposit forfeitures and refunds.
- Present A/R status reports during the monthly A/R Status Meeting.
- Reconcile tenant sub-ledgers to the general ledger A/R account balances.
- Support various projects as needed: annual CAM/RET reconciliations, budget preparation, software conversion.
- Cross training to assist with work load and support teams as needed.
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic files for cash receipts and tenant billings.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in real estate collections.
- Proficient in commercial real estate accounting software, Yardi software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be organized and have great attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.