A sales development firm with headquarters in Northern Virginia is seeking a Controller
to add to their organization. The Controller
will spearhead the organization's Accounting and Finance department. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a small, growing company environment. This is a fantastic venture for someone who wants diversity in their role as well as implement and oversee many financial/accounting related projects.
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department; assists with the design of the organizational structure in order to achieve the department’s goals.
- Plan and coordinate month-end and year-end closing process and reporting.
- Establish and maintain appropriate accounting policies.
- Monitor’s the company’s cash position on a daily basis.
- Manages all aspects of the company’s financial and accounting functions (i.e., budgeting, forecasting, cash management, job cost accounting, accounts payable/receivable, taxes, and bank reconciliation).
- Prepares and publishes timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
- Maintains key relationships with banks, clients, and other third parties
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Oversees payroll processes.
- Consults with executives on plan objectives, operating policies & procedures, and organizational structure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA a plus
- 5 to 10 years related experience
- Ability to propose and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Good communication and interpersonal skills