A client of Cordia Resources is searching for a Chief of Staff for their hyper growth organization.
The Chief of Staff is the principal deputy to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for General Management, Strategic Projects, Operations and Culture. The Chief of Staff functions as an extension of the CEO to add capacity to key functions and teams at critical times.
The role reports to the CEO and acts as a trusted advisor to influence important decisions. They will enforce culture across all teams and ensures alignment between employee behavior and promotions, compensation increases, and recognition.
The Chief of Staff is charged with supporting each function and team to enhance business performance and is evaluated against each of the areas noted below. The Chief of Staff is responsible for everything the Company does and does not do.
- Develops the overall company strategy with senior staff
- Advises the CEO and senior business leaders on potential opportunities
- Supports the CEO’s Vision, Mission, and strategic plan
- Embeds with functions to add capacity to ensure successful execution on critical tasks
- Defines KPIs/Metrics necessary to measure performance
- Builds critical skills/capabilities and hires necessary personnel to ensure continuity
- Establishes playbooks to scale repeated tasks with consistent results
- Aligns company functions with an emphasis on handoff points between teams
- Educates company managers to ensure proper utilization of personnel and resources
- Uses data and reporting to quantify operational improvements and ROI
- Aligns personnel and teams to company core values
- Ensures company behavior is aligned with cultural values
- Intervenes with people and teams when behavior does not reflect values