The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for various Human Resources and recruiting functions. This includes a variety of responsibilities such as: administrative functions, recruiting and onboarding, workers’ compensation, safety team planning, and benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs administrative work, including scheduling, maintaining files and sorting mail for the Human Resources Department.
- Assists with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online, phone screens and scheduling candidate interviews.
- Manages the recruiting platforms and keeps platforms up to date with each candidate’s status and relevant notes.
- Processes background checks and drug screens.
- First point of contact for general HR related inquiries.
- Educate and communicate company personnel policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees.
- Responsible for onboarding newly hired employees to include: employee handbook overview, employment documents, and benefit enrollment.
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee. Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress.
- Record and maintain data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, change of statuses, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associate degree in HR related field (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 2+ years related administrative experience.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to work within timeframe of standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential.
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our team.