Great opportunity for a direct hire, Investor Relations Manager for a fast-growing PE backed, pre-IPO Data Analytics/Cybersecurity firm
in Tyson’s Corner, VA!
Remote candidates are fine if they are in the DC-to NYC corridor. As Investor Relations Manager/Investor Relations Officer (IRO) will design and implement the company’s Investor Relations program. A key objective of this role will be to communicate the company’s value proposition to the investment community and educate investors and securities analysts about the company to ensure that its strategy, goals, and achievements are fairly reflected in the company’s market capitalization. Fintech or SaaS background preferred. Competitive salary + bonus + equity – Apply today!
Reporting to the CFO, The IRO will be expected to collaborate with a variety of other senior executives across the business, finance, HR, legal, and marketing teams. The individual will be expected to remain current on economic, political, regulatory, industry, and stock market outlook, and understand in-depth the company’s leaders, strategies, operating units, technologies, and financial performance expectations as well as changes in accounting, technology, securities laws, and similar subjects.
Primary Internal and External Relationships
- Design and execute the global IR program, including strategy and operating plan.
- Develop an IR calendar and budget.
- Lead earnings prep and guidance discussions
- Speak on behalf of the company at investment presentations, meetings with investors and analysts, and in interactions with the financial media
- Prep/attendance, roadshow prep/attendance, Investor/Analyst Day
- Oversee IR service providers and manage exchange relationship
- Identify and engage with good-fit investors, leveraging analyst community
- Prepare analysis and reporting on investors’ and securities analysts’ perceptions, stock price movements, peer performance and changes in share ownership
- Maintain record-keeping of investor discussions and used for generation of prep packages in advance of investor meetings
- Serve as a member of the Disclosure Committee and serve as the office of record for public disclosure to the investment community
- Create or assist in creating the publications and electronic media used for various stakeholders, including investors, which are not covered above. These include the company’s Annual Report, Form 8-Ks, Form 10-K, Form 10-Qs, webcasts and other related publications and media
- Oversee IR and Governance (working with the legal team) website content
- Internal relationships: C-suite and Executive Team, Finance leadership team, and other members of functional teams as well as business unit leaders and their staffs.
- External relationships: Institutional and individual investors, securities and credit analysts, debtholders, debt-rating agencies and others, as deemed necessary.
Candidate Attributes Leading to Success
- Education or Equivalent: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA preferred.
- Experience or Equivalent: At least 8 years of corporate IR experience, including demonstrated competency as a corporate spokesperson and in building and leading successful public company IR programs. Industry experience a plus. Talent development experience a plus. Membership in the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI) is a plus.
- Physical/Mental Requirements: Ability to work well under pressure, pivot quickly in a changing environment, meet deadlines and manage rapidly changing priorities. The incumbent also will exude the qualities found in a "hybrid" professional whose success is rooted in serving as both a strategic leader and an active do'er.
- Work Environment: Corporate office primarily, remote setting periodically. Individual will be expected to relocate to (in / near) company headquarters. Moderate travel required.
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance
- A results-oriented and effective leader
- An energetic and resourceful team player
- Possessing a high degree of integrity and credibility
- Ability to make quick, intelligent and effective decisions
- A clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by securities analysts and an in-depth understanding of capital markets
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong executive presence and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrate an ability to take a hands-on approach, and this individual must be comfortable working in a lean organization as they manage the IR function