Check out this exciting new direct hire
opportunity to work with a premier Government Contractor as a Mid-Level Acquisition Specialist!
Position is 100% remote for now and then hybrid in the future. Must have local candidate to Washngton DC metro. The position comes with excitement, the ability to work with passionate people, and the opportunity for growth and learning. In this position, every day will be a day to help with the overall mission of this Federal government agency.
Mid-Level Acquisition Specialist Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive assistance, recommendations, and document preparation support in all areas of the acquisition, from pre-award to award phase within established acquisition timelines.
- Assist in the preparation of Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Objectives (SOO), Independent Government Estimates (IGE), Request for Information (RFI’s) Small Business Administration (SBA) offer letters, awards against GSA scheduled contracts and all others awards, as well as other acquisition pre-award and award related documents.
- Provide acquisition support to include different contracting methods and acquisition approaches for any and/or all pre-award contracting actions to include research documentation of relevant historical procurement information and current market/industry information, assist in the preparation of required justifications, inter-agency agreements (IAAs), determination and findings (D&F), Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), comprehensive acquisition plans, and any other pre-award required contract documents.
- Provide acquisition subject matter expertise on appropriate acquisition strategies and other elements of acquisition planning, including assessments of alternatives and risks and consideration of sourcing priorities.
- Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASPs), Requests for Proposals/Requests for Quotes (RFPs/RFQs) with recommendations on the appropriate solicitation terms and conditions to be used in contract award.
- Assist in the preparation of source selection evaluation criteria and Source Selection Plans (SSPs) and all required information for the SSP to include at a minimum: roles and responsibilities of all source selection evaluation team members, detailed selection procedures, outline vendor screening process, supporting proposal evaluations, obtaining appropriate Source
Selection Evaluation Board (SSEB) panel members’ Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI), and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), as required.
Mid-Level Acquisition Specialist Qualifications:
- Assist and support price/cost analysis on contractor submitted cost proposals/quotes to include, detailing direct/indirect cost elements, development of price negotiation memoranda, cost reasonableness, allowability, and allocability.
- Review, evaluate, and provide recommendations on contractor price proposals for adequacy and compliance with laws and regulations, and with the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Assist in the development and preparation of contract/contract modifications, provide support to exercise option years, increase/decrease level of effort as necessary, adjust terms and conditions as required, obligate funds, conduct de-obligations of unused contract funding, and/or any other contract modifications that are warranted to keep the contract/contract running smoothly throughout its contract life cycle.
- Support the review and evaluation of various periodic and routine contractual actions submitted by the contractor, ensuring actions are in accordance with contractual agreements and existing regulatory directives and assist with the coordination of requests for deviations from contract terms or conditions.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of contract files to include recording and filing correspondence, filing awarded contract documents, and preparing and filing documentation on any issues that may arise during the course of contract performance.
- Support the management of the contractor invoicing process.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a moderate Public Trust clearance
- 6+ years of progressive government contract experience
- Experience with federal acquisition and business-related systems (PRISM, FPDS-NG, FAPIIS, SAM, GSA eLibrary, NASA SEWP) to perform contract data input, validation, and research.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and acquisition planning.
- Ability to work independently and in a team on complex acquisitions.
- Active affiliation with acquisition related industry groups.
- DAWIA, FAC-C or NCMA certification.
·Additional Professional Skills
- Demonstrated professionalism in providing support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.