Our client is an Educational Center in the Falls Church area of Northern VA. They are looking for an experienced and exceptionally talented individual with experience in a multi-subsidiary, high-growth organization to fill this Senior Accountant role. You will responsible for all daily and monthly close accounting operations including the accounting, reconciliation, and reporting of multiple early learning centers in accordance with company policies and US GAAP. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who is highly motivated to succeed in a fast paced, growth-oriented atmosphere. Salary will be $70-80k
, depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly reconciliations for multiple legal entities of sub ledgers/calculated schedules against general ledger and assess for reasonableness of ending balances.
- Support all general ledger tasks including monthly close and journal entries for multiple legal entities.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements
- Participation in implementing process improvements
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations
- Identify possible efficiencies in existing processes and propose solutions
- Support various Accounting projects
- Assist with Accounting onboarding of new acquisitions
- Perform variance analyses for financial statements and explain fluctuations from month to month, year over year, and against plan.
- Ability to analyze and validate financial statements
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience. Public accounting experience or corporate accounting experience in a large company strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of and proficiency in an ERP system
- Ability to perform highly detailed work under tight deadlines and handle competing priorities
- Superb ability to identify, analyze, and resolve accounting and system issues
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel