Great opportunity for a direct hire, Vice President of Finance and Accounting for growing Government Contractor
which is an ESOP in Alexandria, VA.
As VP of Finance and Accounting, you will ensure that corporate financial systems and reporting meet statutory, regulatory, and ethical standards as well as cyber security needs. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in a Government Contracting environment. Competitive salary + generous bonus. Washington DC metro only candidates!
Vice President, Finance & Accounting and Controller
The Vice President, Finance & Accounting and Controller is the senior employee of the Finance and Accounting (ACC) Directorate. The Vice President, Finance & Accounting and Controller reports to the Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer. The Vice President acts as a Subject Matter Expert, Team Leader, and Mentor. The Vice President develops the technical and operational skills of the Director, Finance & Accounting and assists the Director in the development of processes and procedures and professional development of directorate employees. The Vice President develops systems and strategies within the corporate system of systems to enable effective administration and management of financial activities. The Vice President ensures that corporate financial systems and reporting meet statutory, regulatory, and ethical standards as well as cyber security needs.
- Supervises the Director, Finance & Accounting to achieve corporate goals and to staff the Directorate to accomplish normal workload and special projects and professional development of all directorate personnel.
- Manages 11 in Accounting
- Develops financial systems and strategies to enable financial activities
- Manages financial systems and interfaces with ancillary systems, including Microsoft Dynamics SL, DATABASICS, UltiPro Payroll, vendor systems, and internal systems that affect finance and accounting
- Ensures that the Directorate provides essential reporting to internal customers
- Operations reporting to Program and Project Managers, Directors, and VPs
- Management reporting to CEO, CFO, other Corporate Officers, and other senior leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manages the company’s relationships with regulatory authorities (DCAA, IRS, DOL, State Tax Authorities, etc.)
- Manages the annual audit by the public accounting auditors
- Manages vendor relationships (accountants, ESOP trustee, ESOP and 401(k) administrators, lawyers, other financial vendors)
- Manages the treasury function to include acquisitions and maintenance of loans, lines of credit, and other credit facilities as well as banking relationships
- Develops and oversees execution of the annual budget, indirect cost estimates, wrap rates, and other financial analyses necessary to implement and measure the financial objectives of the company.
- Oversees annual audits of the financial results including the ESOP, 401(k), and other audits as needed to insure compliance and performance of accurate and timely financial statements of the company.
- Manages the financial administration and compliance of all company benefits (ESOP, 401(k), etc.)
- Administers the Investment Policy Committee of the 401(k) Plan
- Ensures that the company acts in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Ensures that the Finance and Accounting group complies with and supports the company’s First Principles, Code of Business Ethics, and other strategic goals and values
- Identifies, manages, and protects the company from financial risks
- Protects and maintains corporate reputation and well-being
- Actively takes responsibility for duties performed by CFO that can be delegated to VP or other F&A Staff
- Completes other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Acts in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and other regulatory standards
- Possesses and applies highly developed leadership and managerial skills which cross functional areas and core competencies
- Develops, retains, and maximizes focus on internal customer needs and issues and on the quality and responsiveness of services delivered
- Experience with and ability to rapidly apply knowledge of business operations in the government professional services market in order to permit the development of integrated solutions ?
- In-depth problem solver with resource integration abilities
- Recognized expertise in ESOP (desired), 401(k) (required), and other functional areas
- Possesses Executive-level managerial and communication skills that allow for development, presentation, and promotion of integrated solutions to senior management
- A Leader who cares for, develops, and inspires his employees
- Possesses Ability to apply extensive executive skills in establishing and maintaining successful working relationships with customers, corporate officers, directors, program and project managers, staff, and other business partners
- Knowledge of trends in government and industry that affect assigned business areas
- Possesses a MA or MS degree in accounting and/or finance or an MBA from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Professional certification (CPA designation preferred)
- Expert in accounting field, normally 15 to 20 years of experience with 10 to 15 years of experience in government contract accounting
• Ability to work both individually and in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to multi task and meet competing deadlines
• Ability to think critically
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time