Our client, a full service, progressive Property Management/Real Estate
company in Washington
has an exciting opportunity for a Property Accountant
to join their property management team. The Property Accountant is responsible for all financial and analytical procedures for a group of assigned properties working closely with the community managers on performance, variances, and reconciliations. Great opportunity to join a dynamic and growth-oriented team. Salary $70-75k
depending on experience.
Experience and Qualifications
- Perform analytical procedures applied to financial data for each general ledger account of all assigned properties on a monthly schedule and coordinates with community managers on performance, variances (positive and negative trends) and reconciliation issues.
- Analyze and maintain escrow accounts (tax and insurance), loan amortization, and replacement reserve activity of each assigned property as needed.
- Assist Community Managers with budget preparation, financial statement review, and other support as assigned.
- Perform quarterly and semi-annual internal audit functions as assigned.
- Prepare annual audit packages for all assigned properties to assist with audits, reviews, compilations, and tax return preparation.
- Track cash flow activity for each property in the assigned portfolio.
- Reconcile gross rent potential, prepaid rent, rent receivable, accounts payable, and accrued expenses with subsidiary ledgers on a monthly schedule to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare fixed asset schedules and insert adjusting journal entries prepared by the tax preparer or auditor.
- Perform annual completion of DC Property Income and Expense forms.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations on all property accounts.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports including monthly and quarterly reports, as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with 3+ years of real estate accounting experience
- Previous experience in a real estate environment highly desired
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and the application of general accounting theory
- Advanced Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi software highly desirable