Cordia Resources is performing a search for a Staff Accountant that is looking to join a well-know Software company located in Arlington, VA. You will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas and support the daily activities of the accounting department. This is a brand new role and opportunity to join a growing Accounting team!
This position is currently remote and will have some flexibility to work from home.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities
- Full cycle AP data entry and AR processing
- Reconciling balance sheets
- Assist in audit preparation at year end
- Process and oversee vendor payments and employee payroll
- Prepares business, property, sales & use tax filings
- Review and process credit card/expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Month and year-end close process- general journal entries, accruals, account analysis and reconciliation of accounts
- Work independently and collaboratively to help discover and implement efficiencies throughout the accounting department.
Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting software systems (QuickBooks, Excel, etc.)
- Must posses excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- 1-2 years’ relevant accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles