Cordia Resources is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant
to join a fast growth and stable organization in Arlington, VA
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP for accounting transactions, preparing GL account reconciliations, the monthly close and providing financial reporting in a fast-paced, non-traditional environment.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting, and the general ledger structure
- Perform assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Assist in financial planning, budget preparation and analysis
- Provide support or act as accounting lead in enterprise-wide initiatives and assist in other special projects, including tax projects, merger and acquisition related activities, and new products offered by business units.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the Corporate Accounting team by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other team members.
- Directly support the Controller, and work closely with cross-functional team members to help them optimize their performance by providing financial and operational information and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) and or Finance
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP required.
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to relate and communicate effectively across all levels of staff inside and outside the department.
- Hands-on, energetic, organized, team player with proven ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment and facilitate change, multitask effectively, and work independently.
- Knowledge of internal controls, financial controls, and audit support skills