Ready for a new Controller
position? We have one for you! We are looking for a talented and seasoned Controller
for a direct hire/ full-time position in the DC Metro area. Our client in the construction industry, is looking for a hands-on financial executive to oversee their accounting operations. A position like this does not last long. Time to make a move – apply today!
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounting department including the complete, accurate and timely financial reporting for all financial transactions and the financial health of the company.
- Prepare variance analyses of actual results compared to annual operating plan and current forecast.
- Manage related month end close activities including balance sheet account reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Provide oversight of 401K plan, payroll taxes and returns, W-2s and 1099s.
- Manage and coordinate annual bank audit, 401K audit, worker’s compensation, general liability, and financial statement audits.
- 10+ years of hands-on financial management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Extensive construction and/or commercial contracting experience required
- Sage 300 (Timberline) and MS Excel experience required
- Advanced knowledge of Job Costing and WIP
- Strong understanding of all aspects of business insurance (health, life, GL, WC)
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues