Falls Church based technology Government Contractor supporting the federal government is seeking a Controller
located in Falls Church, VA as a temp to hire or direct hire. As the Controller, you will manage the day to day accounting operations including overseeing the month end close, preparing financial statements, working with DCAA, DCMA, and/or outside auditors.
- Managing month-end and annual general ledger close process
- Responsibility for preparing timely and accurate financial statements, including preparation of consolidation
- Supporting all audits (external, DCAA \ DCMA Audits)
- Assist and\or review preparation of tax and other government filings
- Researching technical accounting issues as required
- Recommend and implement accounting procedures to minimize internal control weaknesses
- Reviewing departmental day-to-day processes and procedures to streamline and identify process improvement opportunity
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related.
- CPA highly preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on financial management experience within a government contracting environment with working knowledge of government contracts, including fixed price, cost-plus, and T&M.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of DCAA, FAR
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues
- Hands-on experience using Deltek Costpoint
- Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare
program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.