Our client is a Travel Services company
based in Washington, DC
with clients including most Fortune 500 companies. They are M&A focused and have a dynamic Accounting/Finance team, which is expanding and seeking a Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and is responsible for all aspects of accounting for the Company’s North American subsidiaries ensuring that all financial requirements of the Company are satisfied.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, process journal entries, maintain fixed assets and prepare monthly accruals.
- Code and verify invoices to be paid.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, efficiencies, financial control or risk reduction, driving process improvement with the implementation of controls, policies and procedures to support the growth and expansion of the company.
- Interface with external auditors and performing internal auditing tasks as needed.
- Assist with yearly budgets.
- Process various statutory and tax filings.
- Review intercompany transactions and ensure that the balances across entities are reconciled monthly.
- Collect and review weekly financial package from operations offices.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing to customers by billing department.
- Maintain cash controls and assist with banking activities.
- Perform ad hoc projects and other duties as required.
- College degree with 2 years in professional accounting position.
- Strong accounting / US GAAP knowledge
- Strong functional and technical understanding of key accounting principles, internal controls and applications.