Our client a technology company with 500 employees in the Bio-pharmaceutical space is looking to add a Senior Backend Developer
to their team. The primary responsibilities of an API developer will be focused on developing and maintaining APIs for multiple lines of business within an efficient Agile SDLC and act as an advocate for the API Management platform. You will work cross-functionally with Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, Scrum Master, and Platform owners across multiple teams in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Developing API through WS02, GraphQL, RestAPI, and Webhooks.
- Strong experience in developing Microservices.
- Review changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs.
- Translate requirements into code, process, and implementation strategies.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Develop database complex database queries with LINQ to SQL or with direct queries.
- Actively participate in spring planning and backlog grooming.
- Perform code reviews with team members to promote quality and shared knowledge within the development framework.
- Provide hand-off to QA including but not limited to non-functional testing requirements and clarification of items that may have not otherwise been identified during backlog grooming.
- Consult with management, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Demonstrated experience in project development from inception to deployment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operational support.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to learn complicated systems.
- Experience working on complex queries, dynamic stored procedures, SQL views, functions, and triggers.
- Proven effectiveness with debugging, root-cause analysis, and troubleshooting system and application issues.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong experience with API development (at least 3 years)
- Strong experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience with WS02 (API Manager and API Gateway) is preferred.
- Experience with various technologies including GraphQL, Microservices, YAML, etc.
- Previous experience working with databases such as SQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB would be nice to have.
- Experience with the tools such as Jenkins CI/CD, Github, etc.
- Solid understanding and hands-on professional experience with Visual Studio, MVC, ASP.NET/CORE 4.0, C#, JQUERY, and RDBMS/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of MVC 3 Architecture / Framework.
- Strong knowledge of APIs, web services, service-oriented design patterns as well as canonical data models
- Good knowledge of front-end UI development with HTML5.
- Experience with writing script-based unit tests.