Our client, a growing Global Technology/Manufacturing company in Northern VA is looking for a Senior Accountant
to join their dynamic team. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for various general accounting functions. It is an exciting position for an individual who wants to work for a fast-paced international company and grow in the corporate accounting field while experiencing the full breadth of the accounting function.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
Senior Accountant Experience:
- Perform monthly activities which would include processing journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, managing specific accounting system subledgers, etc.
- Research and understand accounting pronouncements impacting the Company
- Assist with documenting and updating processes and procedures (including Desk Level Procedures)
- Evaluate ways to leverage the systems more effectively to improve the existing processes and procedures
- Evaluate monthly activities to determine ways to shorten the “close” cycle
- Assist with completion of internal and external audits
- Other duties which may be assigned as deemed appropriate based on experience and skillsets
Senior AccountantFunctional/Technical Skills
- BA/BS in accounting
- 5-8 years of experience working within an Accounting organization and at least (3 years participating in close activities)
- A mix of public audit and corporate accounting experience a plus
- Experience working in a fast pace/high growth environment where they have shown an ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a given time.
- Strong understanding of the full accounting cycle process including purchasing, accounts payable, order management, accounts receivable, fixed assets, general ledger
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including a good understanding of US GAAP is required
- Consolidation of legal entities books is required