Cordia Resources is performing a search for a Staff Accountant that is looking to join a fast growing Software company located in Arlington, VA. You will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas and support the daily activities of the accounting department.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities
- Full cycle AP data entry and AR processing
- Process and oversee vendor payments and employee payroll
- Review and process credit card/expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Month and year-end close process, general journal entries, accruals, account analysis and reconciliation of accounts
Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting software systems (QuickBooks, Excel, etc.)
- Must posses excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles