Assist in the deployment and administration of all compensation programs. Ensure competitive and equitable approaches to attract and retain talent. Ensure thorough audits and reporting that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Review and approve compensation related requests for all open requisitions and ensure offers extended are within range, including transfers and promotions.
- Assess jobs and their respective duties to determine FLSA classification and appropriate salary range.
- Coordinate the processing of all federal wage determination changes and ensure timely application of wage and health & welfare updates on all contract anniversary dates. Investigate, document, and process any necessary retroactive adjustments.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position. Stay current on relevant on compensation regulations and practices in the industry.
- Analyze and reconcile data across multiple systems to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and consistency. Oversee and conduct periodic internal audits to ensure integrity.
- Prepare and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Support compensation processes, including annual compensation reviews and increases, bonus payments, etc.
- Respond to inquiries related to compensation inquiries from managers, employees, and the HR team.
Qualifications: Education, Experience and Certification(s)
- Bachelor's degree in business or human resources management with two years’ experience in HR, specifically including compensation; four years of equivalent experience in compensation can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Compensation experience in government contracting preferred.
- Service Contract Act, Union, and (Doing Business As) DBA knowledge preferred.
- Experience using Workday preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with accuracy.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced changing environment, and the ability to use independent judgment for decisions that may not be straightforward.
- Strong technical knowledge of Excel required, including development of spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables, lookups.
- High degree of initiative, determination, follow through, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external associates, including senior staff and executives, in a clear, concise, and consultative style.
- Ability to handle sensitive HR information with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Adept in compensation practices.