Large economic think tank headquartered in downtown DC is looking to bring on multiple Accounting Finance Consultants
as they begin a large ERP implementation project. This project is estimated to be an 18 month engagement. This will sit in their state-of-the-art office space and will be 100% in-office.
Accounting Finance Consultant Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly reports and analyses to monitor performance of operating and capital expenditures against budgets, including providing explanations regarding variances to those budgets.
- Reviews and monitors expenditures and revenues on a monthly basis, including capital expenditures and monthly internal charges, prepares and submits adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Reviews and approves travel expense reports, procurement card transactions and invoices up to $5,000. Ensures that paperwork complies with the Institution's policies, following-up on questionable items as necessary. Manages correction of inaccuracies.
- Reviews and approves timesheet submissions.
- Coordinates royalty payments for authors and co-publishers with support from Finance Associate.
- Tracks all Brookings Press general ledger accounts including accounts receivable, inventory value, cost of goods sold, royalty advances, accruals, and pre-paid accounts and coordinates with accounting to ensure all records are up to date.
- Supports in preparation of draft financial presentations, reports and materials; updating existing materials with latest financial data.
- Drafts annual budgets and forecasts for a portfolio of projects, including maintaining and coordinating with development likely funding pipelines."
- Performs ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Technical Responsibilities include:
Accounting Finance Consultant Requirements
- Supports the Planning team with updating and maintaining monthly dashboards, variance reports, and materials
- Supports Planning team in the preparation of budget and forecast analyses, reports, and materials, including verification of program submissions
- Performs quality control checks to verify accuracy of financial data in preparation of financial presentations, dashboards, and reports
- Prepares other analyses as requested
- Prepares reports and analyses to monitor performance of operating expenses against budgets, including budget to actual variance analyses.
- Updates monthly transaction reports including book sales uploads, distribution invoices, inventory tracking, and
- Tracks all general ledger accounts including accounts receivable, inventory value, cost of goods sold, royalty advances, accruals, and pre-paid accounts and coordinates with accounting to ensure all records are up to date.
- Monitors Press book expenses and updates book budgets in P&L’s and BBRS
- Bachelor’s degree required; in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience, including in budget preparation and working in excel is required; at least two years of relevant work experience in a non-profit organization is required.
- Financial management experience in a research or academic setting is preferred.
- High level of attention to detail required; strong administrative and organizational skills; excellent communication skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required; advanced Excel skills required; excellent data visualization skills preferred; PeopleSoft knowledge a plus.
- Budget experience and familiarity with budgeting or accounting software required.
- Solid knowledge of budgets and accounting principles; must have a strong understanding of GAAP and fund accounting as well as a strong understanding of how business transactions are recorded into the financial records of an organization.
- Must have ability to manage a diverse portfolio of funding and with complex, multi-million dollar budgets.
- Must be a mature, self-motivated, team player who gets along well with a variety of personality-types and can work independently.
- Must be flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Extreme honesty and discretion required, with the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.