Our client who provides next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks seeks an innovative, creative Senior Test Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position will have 3-7 years of industry experience in test engineering. This contract opportunity is expected to last one year with the possibility of extension.
- Design, develop, and document comprehensive test plans for all products
- Coordinate and participate in system level testing activities including test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Perform setup of test scenarios, both hardware and software components, and perform troubleshooting as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend third-party test tools and other software/hardware products to aid in the system test effort.
- Attend and participate in system-level design meetings in order to address testing issues early in the software development process.
- Create testing tools and scripts as needed to support system level testing activities.
- Provide training and support as required to operations staff.
- Lead small to mid-size projects, mentor junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Linux and other flavors of UNIX
- Familiarity with IP Networking protocols and standards
- Experience developing and maintaining comprehensive system test plans
- Experience writing Linux shell scripts
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, etc. and experience in network performance testing
- Experience with IP router performance test tools such as Spirent, NetIQ Chariot, etc.
- Experience in telecom / Satcom industry is highly preferred.
- Experience with API/WUI testing, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics, or equivalent experience