Our client one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's) is looking to add a Senior Systems Engineer to their team.
The Senior Systems Engineer helps to meet company needs for computer hardware, software, networking and servers technologies. This position develops, tests, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer hardware, software, network devices, servers, including producing documentation, diagrams, and detailed procedures.
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support core business functions.
- Assist with creating cloud migration strategies; define delivery architecture, create migration plans, design the orchestration plans, create and execution of migration run books, and calculate cost-benefit estimates comparing total-cost-of-ownership of on-premise vs. cloud migration solutions.
- Plan and execute medium and large-scale migrations of storage, compute and server systems from private infrastructure to public cloud platforms (particularly Azure and AWS).
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests. Provide recommendations to create functional or system standards to address operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints.
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring for other members of the IT Operations and Support teams.
- Responsible for technical software product installation, maintenance and performance tuning.
- Supports the capacity planning analysis and reporting on computing systems for procurement planning and performance monitoring.
- Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert.
- Resolves and makes decisions on more complex, non-routine service requests.
- 8+ years of experience as a systems or network engineering role, in a complex distributed environment.
- 1+ years of experience in cloud supporting and implementing cloud solutions.
- Experience with design or migration of on-prem infrastructure / applications to the cloud, Microsoft Azure and/or AWS.
- Experience working with virtual machines, virtual networking and storage in VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS and Azure.
- Experience with monitoring systems, virtualization, and data storage technologies.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as SSO, federated identity, SAML, Azure AD and cloud-based email / SharePoint administration.
- Microsoft Windows Administration on prem and / or on the cloud, Powershell knowledge, Azure infrastructure.
- Vmware / vsphere and/or Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge.
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot servers (various operating systems), storage systems, and network devices.
- Ability to administer and tune complex networks, LAN/WAN, enterprise grade WiFi, switching and routing knowledge at all OSI layers.