Our client is seeking an Assistant Accounting Manager of Fixed Assets
to join their Herndon, VA based team. This is a full-time, remote, permanent opportunity with yearly compensation in the range of $110,000 - $120,000. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting and will supervise one Senior and one Staff Accountant. The Assistant Manager oversees all aspects of fixed asset accounting across multiple domestic and international business units.
Assistant Accounting Manager of Fixed Assets
$110,000 - $120,000
Full-time, Permanent role
Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivots, VLOOKUP's, nested formulas, etc.); ERP/General Ledger system (Oracle/PeopleSoft financials is a plus)
Herndon, VA /Remote. Candidates should be able to come into the office 1-2 times per month
First round - video interview, Second Round - video interview
Potential Start Date:
Late August, Early September
Someone who is passionate about their work, a fast learner, and ready to make a significant impact in a highly dynamic environment. Hardworking, meticulous accounting professional who is looking to work for a growing company with a great work/life balance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Certificates, Licenses And Registrations
• CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
• Minimum of 6 years of experience with full-cycle fixed asset accounting
- Oversees monthly close of fixed assets, including review of depreciation, WIP, and impairments.
- Reviews and/or assists in the preparation of monthly and quarterly roll forward schedules and variance analyses.
- Monitors work-in-progress assets, including internally developed software, asset impairments, and asset retirement obligation balances.
- Partners with key stakeholders across business units and departments to facilitate activities and information driving fixed asset accounting.
- Reviews or prepares monthly cash flow deliverables and various ad hoc reports.
- Coordinates and provides oversight for the fixed asset accounting inputs to SEC and other regulatory filings.
- Assists with requests related to internal and external audits and tax filings.
- Maintains fixed asset policy documentation and performs accounting research and drafts conclusions in writing.
- Implements, maintains, and documents SOX controls for fixed assets.
- Reviews existing processes identify opportunities for improvement and help to implement approved changes.
- Manages and supports a team of two Senior Accountants.