The Senior Data Conversion Analyst is primarily responsible for the definition, design, development, implementation, validation, and maintenance of business data conversions associated with the migration from legacy billing/ERP systems to Oracle Fusion ERP, for existing and acquired businesses. The role is a member of Financial Business Systems, in the Finance organization, providing direct support to the company’s Global migration to Oracle Fusion ERP. The role is a key, hands-on contributor in business migration projects.
- Responsible for the movement of data between systems and data stores, maintaining the integrity of data, providing for required transformations, and ensuring error-free, timely, and documented execution.
- Determine and design changes to existing systems conversions that improve performance or enhance operations as driven by business needs
- Analyze new systems procured or acquired, and working with business and technical teams, develop functional and technical requirements to convert business data for source system(s) to target (Oracle Fusion) system
- Use your quality skills not only on data analysis but also in testing new data conversions.
- Design, execute and document the validation of business data conversions.
- Maintain clean, consistent and complete data conversions through design and development excellence.
- Partner with data providers, clients and internal support teams to identify and support the correction of data issues. Based on your analysis, you will propose improvement opportunities.
- Provide support for the migration of business systems and conversion of business data associated with corporate acquisitions.
- BS in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, accounting, statistics or related
- 3+ years of experience as a financial or business analyst
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing and executing data conversions into Oracle systems (last 3 years Oracle Fusion version 11)
- Strong SQL skills for processing/analyzing large data sets and supporting the translation from user requirements to technical requirements
- Strong Excel skills (Power Pivot/Query, V-Look-up, Advanced charting/formulas) VBA
- Solid general knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process,es and information flow
- Strong understanding of Oracle Applications (Fusion ERP) base tables and interface tables
- Solid understanding of data systems, including data relationships and data modeling with the ability to learn and understand various data environments
- Strong knowledge of various data migration methods using File-Based Data Loaders, ADFDI, Rapid Implementation Spread Sheets, and HCM Data Loaders.
- Strong skills in the design, development, testing, and deployment of custom OTBI reports and extracts, third party integrations through web services and REST API’s
- Experienced in data conversions; design and custom development of Interfaces, Reports, and Forms