Our client a technology company with 500 employees in the Bio-pharmaceutical space is looking to add a Release Manager will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordination of releases across business and technical solutions supporting the enterprise for all our end-to-end processes. Releases can be inclusive of new solution/product implementations, client implementations, updates to existing solutions, operating system patches, security improvements, and hardware installs and upgrades.
- Develop common strategies for release governance processes and practices to support the solution lifecycle for all enterprise system capabilities.
- Establish consistent release management processes and KPIs, including an enterprise-wide release calendar to provide a common centralized view of all releases.
- Coaches and supports the ongoing education of the IT teams and IT leaders, as required, to drive and maintain adherence to defined release governance standards and objectives.
- Work with release content owners to understand key business, system, and/or technology interdependencies in addition to back-out/contingency plans.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key internal and external partner and vendors.
- Coordinate assessment of risks and issues which affect release scope, schedule, and/or quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure release scope is delivered on time and meets or exceeds defined quality stage gate criteria.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Milestone Reviews as well as Weekly Release Reporting
- Participate in implementation activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Develop standards, scripts, and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Conduct release retrospectives to identify what went well, what didn't go well, and areas of improvement
- Manage the release and deployment process and interface with Change Management.
- Provide planning, coordination, and communication ensuring the successful deployment of software modifications.
- Review and verify the accuracy and reliability of back out/rollback instructions.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the planned maintenance in a release.
- 7+ years’ experience working as a Release Manager for Software, App Development, or Video Player
- 7+ years’ experience working closely with an IT Development Team
- Must have experience in the management of individual releases of software, hardware, or other system components.
- Must have experience in coordinating with QA, Development, packaging, and hardware teams.
- Must have experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases.
- Experienced with Service Now, JIRA workflows, JIRA Release planning, JIRA dashboards, and bug life cycle management.
- Experience managing technical projects from inception to delivery.