Or client in Baltimore is currently seeking a mid-to-senior level Project Manager to join our team and engage on critical projects that are currently underway, or on our immediate project roadmap. This individual will be tasked with bringing mature project management discipline and focus to our environment, while also supporting a culture of agility, entrepreneurship and innovation. In addition to directly managing projects, this individual will assist in broader project portfolio management activities. This will include implementing new tools and capabilities for project portfolio status reporting, project dashboards, project registration, and requirements definition.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of day to day project management activities on key initiatives.
- Establishing project governance according to project methodologies.
- Managing project dimensions of resources, budgets, timelines, scope, and quality.
- Building and maintaining detailed project plans according to standards.
- Clearing obstacles, bird-dogging tasks and team member accountability, and escalating issues, as required.
- Managing issues lists and impediments.
- Oversight of schedules, milestones, and deliverables.
- Establishing stand-up and meeting cadences.
- Driving broad stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Assistance with oversight of 3rd party suppliers that are engaged on projects.
- Consultation with other team members regarding project management standards and activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or similar field
- 3+ years’ experience as a project manager, supporting both application development and infrastructure initiatives.
- Have a thorough understanding of and experience implementing project management methodologies, including iterative development, Agile/Scrum, and structured approaches.
- Must have a strong knowledge of various project, work space, and collaboration tools, such as MS Project, Jira, Mantis, Confluence, GitHub, Version One, Yodiz, etc. Strong skills with MS Project is a requirement.
- Experience in financial services and regulated environments is preferred.
- Experience establishing, documenting and maintaining process information.
- Gain a good understanding of the organization’s business goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to create and deliver technical presentations to technical and non-technical staff, and communicating with executive and operational management.
- Ability to work in an office location
- Ability to comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)