Our client is an excellent Private Equity/Venture Capital firm with $1B+ in AUM. Currently they have a team of 20 individuals and offices in Washington, DC as well as San Francisco, CA. Culturally, they are highly focused on diversity and being a leader in their field.
The company is seeking a Fund Controller who will be responsible for overseeing the accounting and reporting operations for the firm’s private equity funds. This individual will report to the CFO of the firm based in DC and will work closely with the Director of Accounting as well. The Fund Controller has the ability to be heavily remote but will require time in the DC office.
- Manage fund accounting operations and be primary point of contact with fund administrator, including quarterly and annual fund financial statements and reporting
- Compliance with credit facility requirements
- Coordination of investment valuations
- Management of audit process and timely support of independent auditors
- Support investment activity (deal closings and realizations)
- Manage the calculation, posting, and tracking of capital call and distribution notifications
- Oversee the calculation of income allocations and distributions in accordance with the waterfall mechanics outlined in the funds’ partnership agreements
- Manage annual federal and state tax compliance with third-party tax advisors
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory filings and related compliance reporting
- Fund-level budgeting, forecasting, and performance tracking
- Assist Investor Relations function, including responding to LP inquiries, quarterly reports, confirmations, investor presentations and due diligence questionnaires etc.
- Excellent education – BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Public Accounting experience (preferably Big-4)
- 5-8+ years of experience within financial service/alternative investment industry
- Knowledge of fund accounting and partnership accounting