Director of Accounting
– Washington, DC
Our client, a renowned trade association, is seeking its next Director of Accounting to help drive excellence and consistency within its accounting department.
Handle annual financial audit statement, organizational tax compliance, subsidiary accounting, lobbying calculations, and general ledger management.
Annual Financial Statement Audit
- Establish and manage policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and successful completion of the audit.
- Manage audit process including coordination with CPA firm, management, legal department, and other internal stakeholders.
- Prepare audit schedules.
- Manage all accounting and reconciliations in U.S. books.
- Coordinate with foreign staff and internationally based accounting staff.
- Review and execute on monthly funding of global bank accounts and monthly vendor payments.
- Quarterly lobbying calculations.
- Annual IRS and LDA lobbying percentages.
- Coordination with management, legal, communication and policy.
Direct Monthly Financial Close Activities
- ILR expense accruals.
- GPM revenue recognition.
- IOM revenue recognition.
- Year-end expense and revenue accruals and on-going reversals.
Tax Compliance and Execution
- Primarily 990s and 990-Ts.
- Establish and manage policies and procedures to capture information needed to complete and file tax returns.
- Coordination with CPA firm, management, legal, and other internal stakeholders.
- Deferred tax calculations and journal entries.
- Manage and execute weekly wire payments.
- Load ACH and positive pay files, as needed.
CULTURE & COMPENSATION:
- BS Degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of experience
- Ideally he/she has experience handling tax and accounting for a large trade association, nonprofit, or corporation.
- Strong background with forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Extensive modeling expertise with data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail.
- An effective multi-tasker with the ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Great Plains.
- CPA highly preferred.
- $140,000 - $160,000 starting base salary
- 15-20% annual bonus target
- Outstanding benefits
- Supportive, progressive culture
- Opportunity to grow, be a part of a talented team