Cordia is supporting a trusted client on their search for a Director of Finance and Administration. This great role mixes HR, Operations, Administration and some light Accounting and will work closely with the organization's leadership team to support strategic goals.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing organizational operations, including finance, human resources, administration, business planning and legal affairs. The Director of Finance and Administration will work closely with the leadership team to support strategic goals.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources, Legal and Administration
· Oversee any relationship with PEO partner and manage employee human resources functions, including benefits administration and oversight, new employee onboarding and employee retention.
· Further develop human resources capacity, by enhancing professional development offerings, compensation and benefits, performance evaluations and recruiting efforts.
· Oversee risk management and legal activities, including: business insurance; memorandums of agreement; contracts; leases and other legal documents.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Oversee office operations and management of facilities.
· Manage and oversee monthly accounting processes, including bookkeeping, payroll/employee reimbursement, invoicing, and financial tracking of AR/AP accounts. In this capacity, manage relationships with key external vendors, including outsourced accounting/CFO firm, payroll vendor, insurance companies, and PEO partner.
· Reviews, monitors, and presents financial documents to President and CEO monthly including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
· Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President and CEO and accounting partner; monitor progress and keep leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process and prepare the IRS 990 form, liaising with the Treasurer, external auditors, accounting partner and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Prepare all financial documents, meeting agenda, meeting minutes, and other materials for Finance and Audit Committee meetings. Facilitate all Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
· Collaborate with and review all key financial documents with the Treasurer who presents the financial reports at all Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings.
· Must possess at least 5-7 years of related experience, with a detailed understanding of nonprofit finance and accounting functions.
· Experience with and understanding of general accounting, payroll management, human resources, and general business systems and functions. Demonstrated success in developing and monitoring financial systems.
· A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
· Previous experience in association management, consumer technology, or related field desired.
· Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference given to Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks, and the ability to work on complex and diverse projects with defined deadlines.
· Excellent communication/people skills and excellent attitude.
· Results oriented; self-accountable for short- and long-term success.
· A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrates integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission.
· Able to quickly build rapport and collaborate with a variety of personalities, both internal and external.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accounting systems.