We have an immediate need for a Staff Accountant with an Arlington, VA based healthcare client. The team culture is collaborative, high energy, and proactive. This candidate will assist the team as needed with a variety of roles such as working with expenses, bills, journal entries, and creating reports and special projects.
This position in on-site in Arlington, 5 days per week.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and unmatched Consultant Care for all our team members.
Staff Accountant Duties:
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing
- Document and maintain A/P functions and internal controls
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger, bank statements and inter-company accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries for accrued expenses, revenue, payroll and adjustments
- Review and post accounts payable invoices
- Prepare and process cash receipts
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare for financial audits and assist in the audit process
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance a plus
- Minimum of two years of related accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and vlookups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Cordia Resources is a DC Metro based consulting, recruiting and search firm with offices in the Washington DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia. If you are seeking to partner with a locally owned recruiting organization who has relationships with top clients throughout the DC Metro, please apply today so we can explore current opportunities with the Cordia team.