Controller - growing, established subcontractor
Our client, a $30m construction subcontractor located in Alexandria, VA, needs its next Accounting leader to supervise two staff and handle all operational ("day to day") accounting.
**$125-150k total compensation range**
The Controller serves as an integral part of the financial services team and is responsible for corporate accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, cash management, budgeting, capital account maintenance, annual audits, and tax compliance. The Controller also has the responsibility of overall management and development of the financial services team.
- Manage and develop the Accounting Team of two, performing all ongoing daily accounting and administrative/financial duties
- Supervise all aspects of General Ledger, A/P, A/R, Payroll, Fixed Assets, and financial reporting.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of timely, accurate and informative financial statements and other financial reports.
- Manage overall cash and treasury management as well as investment and operating accounts.
- With CFO, manage company banking relationships.
- Serve as primary interface with external public accountants and all relevant government agencies.
- Manage the external financial statement audit process.
- Revise, enhance and develop accounting policies, procedures, processes, and systems to manage the anticipated growth of the company.
- Oversee and manage overall tax compliance, audits and planning matters.
- Review and publish all financial reporting for Joint Ventures.
- Coordinate annual overhead budget process, providing support to all Groups and Business Units to achieve timely and accurate budget.
- Direct use and provide operational training on Timberline Accounting System.
- Supervise Risk Management functions, including management of company insurance renewal.
- Provide support to Team Member benefit plans by providing financial review for health and welfare plans, 401k, etc.
- Perform periodic financial planning and analysis projects as needed.
- Timely and competently performs tasks of whatever nature as assigned by supervisor or company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience required.
- Construction accounting required
- Experience working with a general contractor or subcontractor required
- Sage 300 CRE (formerly Timberline) experience plus
- Efficient in MS Office Software; expert proficiency in Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must be goal oriented and a self-starter
- Able to work collaboratively
- Strong communication and analytical skills