Our prestigious Professional Services firm in Alexandria, VA is hiring for a Senior and or Staff Accountant to join their growing team! Are you looking to join a firm that values professional growth, autonomy, collaborative and supportive teammates, has great benefits, and flexible work from home options? If so this may be the opportunity for you. Our client is looking for someone who has experience with month and year end closings, preparing financial statements, and understanding US GAAP. Successful candidates will have strong attention to detail, an ability to adapt and perform in dynamic situations, and has motivation to understand how the work you do plays into the success of the larger organization. The client is looking to set up interviews soon, and if this sounds like a fit for you, apply ASAP!
Finance team is seeking a driven accounting professional to be part of its highly skilled team. Your success in this role will be determined by your mastery of accounting principles, your close attention to detail, your ability to adapt and perform in ambiguous situations, and your motivation to understand how the work you do plays into the success of the larger organization.
This position reports to the CFO. This client provides a unique opportunity for the Accountant across several dimensions:
- Opportunity to join an elite and growing advisory services and leadership training firm with exceptionally talented and experienced professionals and an established track record in the professional services industry
- Opportunity to lead and develop business processes in a dynamic environment, which still has a start-up feel
- Opportunity to progress in the firm based on a developing proven track-record of success
- Supportive, collegial and energetic team culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits package is offered
- Direct access to metro and free parking available onsite
- The Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions and special projects including:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results
- Preparing account analysis and reconciliations as part of the monthly or quarterly close process
- Responsible for general ledger; research and reconciliation of all discrepancies
- Verification of Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Input of financial data into QuickBooks
- General accounting and responsibility for detailed records of financial transactions (e.g. employee expense reports, benefit support).
- Assisting the CFO with special projects
- Preparing financial reporting and related materials for management and Board
- Additional business activities will also include financial, business and market diligence and analysis, and presentation development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience general accounting or equivalent experience
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Strong understanding of QuickBooks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail