Cordia Resources is partnered with a global leader in tech development and is seeking a Head of Software Engineering to lead their team. You will work with cutting-edge AI, Robotics, and UAV/ Drones in this role. They expect a high sense of responsibility and the ability to influence others. As an expert in your field, we expect you to:
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Set technical standards and SDLC processes
- Develop and implement appropriate code quality standards and code promotion processes to ensure quality, reliability, efficiency, security, and safety
- Provide strong management and leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor, and coach engineers distributed across various geographical locations.
- Take broad, sometimes ambiguous direction and turn it into discrete, actionable work streams and then lead those work streams to meet business objectives.
- Able to roll up their sleeves and play a hands-on role while building a world-class team
- Understand software delivery in a startup environment balanced with the rigor needed for safe, sustainable, and maintainable products
- Use data and feedback from participants and peers to drive continuous optimization of cross-functional team structures and software development processes.
- Collaborate with the product engineering management (Design, Product, QA, and IT) team to improve visibility, processes, and communication mechanisms
- Understanding and knowledge of scaling and proven track record of scaling systems
- Collaborate and consult with the DevOps/Release Engineering team to help automate the end-to-end Operations of the applications/systems
- Entrepreneurial drive with a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, innovative environment and to deliver products through excellent team management and project management abilities.
- Expert in all areas of the software development lifecycle.
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Strong leadership skills to manage a cross-functional development organization through formal processes and hands-on management.
- Strong background in C/C++ on Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
- Utmost passion for details; high focus on quality and operational efficiency; and desire to improve processes & systems around you
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- DevOps best practices and CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible)
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Experience profiling and optimizing code on all tiers of an application
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or another related discipline.
- Minimum ten years of hands-on experience designing, delivering, and supporting full-stack software applications at scale.
- Minimum of five years of leading at an enterprise level in developing, implementing, advising, and managing software development processes
- Experience with software development processes for safety-critical products
- Experience with ISO-26262, ISO-21448, MIL-STD-882, or similar safety specifications
- Experience in self-driving, automotive, logistics, or transportation industry
- Experience in the development of complex systems or robotics systems
- Experience working with Python, SCADE, Simulink, and scripting languages.
- Experiencing building and shaping teams
- 5+ years of experience with Agile
- 2+ years of experience with AWS