Our client, a Government Contractor, in Washington DC is seeking an Accountant/Business Manager. The ideal candidate would be like a Comptroller - responsible for supervising the quality of accounting and financial reporting of an organization. Forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets, managing month-end and annual general ledger close processes, computing taxes, knowledge of tax payments. ** Background check and Drug Screen required
Position: Accountant/Business Manager
Industry: Government Contracting
Compensation: $90,000 -$117,000
Location: Washington, DC
Hybrid Schedule: Ideally, they would want someone in office 4 days a week
Software: Costpoint 8, MS Excel
Report to: Vice President
Interview Process: Zoom Video Interview, In-person for Final Interview
Time Frame: Immediate Hire (ASAP)
Vaccination: Must be vaccinated with Booster
**Free Parking (NW Washington, DC)
The Accountant/Business Manager should have a strong knowledge of the federal, and state/local (non-construction) government contracting business environment; Deltek’s Costpoint 8 accounting software platform.
· Handling all accounting operations, including financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets, bank statement reconciliations, etc.
· Managing month-end and annual general ledger close processes including timely and accurate preparation of all financial reports at the project level as well as balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Preparing and filing tax returns in coordination with the outside CPA firm.
· Supporting company-wide budgeting and forecasting processes, including monthly analysis of actual costs versus budget.
· Managing all audits, including financial, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), IRS, and bank.
· Enhancing, developing, implementing, and enforcing accounting policies and procedures to include compilation of an accounting manual.
· Ensuring continual process improvement and excellent customer service to all employees and management.
· Performing special projects as directed.
· Other projects as assigned.
· B.S. in Accounting or Finance; Masters and/or CPA preferred.
· At least 5 years of progressive financial management experience, with at least 3 years as an accountant or similar position in a private sector, preferably small business, government contracting environment.
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); familiarity with general Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements, federal legislation, rules and guidelines, including compilation of incurred cost submissions, federal, state, and local tax fi lings and other government reports, required.
· Sound understanding of accounting system implementation and integration, government contracting, and DCAA reporting.
· Experience with Deltek-Costpoint 8, accounting software in a government contracting environment, required
· Highly detail-oriented, analytical, and organized.
· Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite
· Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency, a must