Cordia Resources is partnered with a global leader in tech development and is seeking a System Safety Engineer to assist in the development and maturation of our systems for autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will work with the key stakeholders to ensure our systems are safe.
We believe safety is not a check box. It is not something that is done and then forgotten. To develop systems in a responsible manner, safety needs to be an integral part of the company’s culture and should be one of the highest priorities at every stage of the system’s design, production, and deployment.
- Promote a safety culture and help implement processes that contribute to safer systems
- Develop claim-based safety cases that will be used to ensure fielded systems are acceptably safe
- Decompose safety case claims into safety concepts/arguments against which the system’s compliance can be assessed
- Perform analysis and verification/validation tasks to gather sufficient evidence to support safety case claims/arguments
- Generate and maintain safety documentation to support comprehensive, coherent, and accurate safety cases
- Participate in all stages of the Systems Engineering “V” model from concept definition through implementation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop adequate architectures for safety critical subsystems
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emerging standards which may have implications for the development of safety critical systems
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience applying UL 4600, ISO-26262, MIL-STD-882, IEC 61508, ISO/PAS 21448 or similar functional safety/ safety specifications
- Experience with common safety analysis tools/techniques such as PHA/FHA, HAZOP, HARA, FMEA, FTA, STPA
- Experience guiding complex system development using requirement modeling/management techniques
- Experience designing and executing verification and validation tasks including hardware and software unit, component, subsystem, and system testing
- Experience generating safety documentation and working with auditing/certification bodies to provide evidence to support claims that a system is acceptably safe
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Systems, Mechanical, Electrical) or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience applying System Safety Engineering in a development or production program
- M.S. degree in Systems Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience applying System Safety Engineering in a development or production program
- Experience with SysML and Cameo or MagicDraw MBSE tools
- Experience applying model-based analysis and simulation using tools such as MATLAB.
- Experience with autonomous vehicles